|7/9/2013 1:19:00 PM|
Constance "Connie" Evelyn Tyson
May 25, 1920 - July 3, 2013
Connie Tyson, a longtime Central Oregon resident, died July 3 at Hospice House of Bend. She was 93.
A graveside service will be held at 4 p.m. on Saturday, July 13, 2013 at Redmond Memorial Cemetery.
Connie was born May 25, 1920, in Bend to Merle Miller and Gladys Farnsworth. She was raised in Central Oregon starting in La Pine were she attended all 12 years of school at the old white school at the end of Vandervert Road. She married Bill Tyson October 15, 1938, following her graduation from La Pine High. Connie and Bill lived at East Lake, several locations in Bend, and moved to Redmond in June of 1954 where Bill owned the Powder Keg Sport Shop.
Connie was a longtime member of the Redmond Community Presbyterian Church, participating in quilting and the Presbyterian Lamplighter. She enjoyed the Redmond Senior Center, Redmond Community Concert Association, and was a member of the Deschutes Pioneer Association. She was also an Eastern Star member. She was an enthusiastic Skip-Bo player and attended monthly Skip-Bo parties.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Bill, her daughter Sally Orr, and her brother and sister-in-law Dick and Joyce Miller. She is survived by daughters Gwen Lyon of Sisters and Gail Tyson of Redmond; son Bruce Tyson of Pine Grove, CA; along with seven grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; six great-great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
Contributions can be made to Partners in Care, 2075 Wyatt Ct., Bend, OR 97701. Please sign our online guestbook at www.redmondmemorial.com.
Article Comment Submission Form