City offers $20,000 in grants
Last updated 7/5/2022 at Noon
The City of Sisters is seeking to award community grants to non-profit community groups and other entities that meet the grant criteria for the 2022/23 fiscal year. The City will award up to $20,000 in grants this year for Sisters community projects. The average grant award is approximately $1,400, and the City has awarded over $283,000 in grants to 61 local groups over the past 19 years.
Organizations that serve the Sisters community, but are not designated non-profits, will need to meet at least one of the following criteria to be eligible for a grant:
- Provides assistance for essential utilities, food, medical needs, clothing, or shelter.
- Provides educational or recreational opportunities for children or seniors.
- Generates/supports economic activity in Sisters.
In evaluating requests from non-profits and for-profit organizations, the City will consider the following:
- The requesting organization’s history of success.
- The organizational and financial stability of the requesting organization.
- The number and types of community members served by the request.
- The ability to measure and track the effectiveness of the project or service.
- Community grant funds will not be used for travel, budget deficits, or routine operating expenses.
The City may give special consideration for requests to support Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in Sisters. Interested organizations should submit a Community Grant application by Sunday, July 31, 2022, attention Kerry Prosser, City Recorder at [email protected] Grants are awarded at the discretion of the Sisters City Council in late August.
Applications are available at www.ci.sisters.or.us/administration/page/community-grants.
For more information, contact Kerry Prosser at 541-323-5213 or [email protected]